Sunday, December 16, 2012

9 days left - Christmas books and fondue


Tonight was lovely, do you like that word, lovely?  I do, it's a word that feels peaceful, and calm and enjoyable.  And tonight really was lovely.  Through the years and especially because of the countdown we have accumulated a number of Christmas books.  I hate to leave them unread but it would be very challenging to read them all so we take one night and each of us choose our favorite and we read it out loud to everyone else.  It's especially fun now that everyone can read really well.  We made one of our favorite treats, chocolate fondue, and we had several different things to dip into that chocolate heaven.  I so enjoyed listening to my kids read and it was fun to see each of my kids gathered around each other as they read.  One of the most precious moments of the night was Cambelle sitting close to Troy as he read.  I am starting to see an additional blessing in my family, as we have spent  time together there is a desire to spend more time together, to play games, to talk just to be together.  I am so thankful for my family and the closeness that we have.















No comments:

Post a Comment