Monday, December 3, 2012

22 days left - missionary packages


As a missionary in Italy 17 years ago, (wow, 17 years is a REALLY long time ago), there was not a lot of things that I appreciated more than getting mail.  When I opened a package it was like opening a little bit of home.   I received  a scarf I loved and still love and wear today from my brother and sister in law, (thank you Merri Sue), I read letters filled with encouragement  and listened to conference talks all taped from my sister (thank you Crystal) and the ever coveted brown sugar from my brother (thank you Dustin for not thinking that was a crazy request, I know that package was not cheap and I know you were right in the middle of school, you truly are my WOB).  Those packages let me know that people were thinking of me.  So today we wanted to remind the missionaries in our life that they too have not been forgotten, and we love them.





We sent them a pair of socks and some candy with a note.



Each of the kids picked one or two of the missionaries from our ward and wrote them a letter.




No comments:

Post a Comment