Monday, December 10, 2012

15 days left - Love Notes and Donuts


Every year during the countdown we write notes to each other that we read on Christmas Eve.  I love it, and surprisingly my kids love it too.  How do I know they love it?  They do not complain even the tiniest peep when I say it is time to write.  They grab a pen and start writing, that is how I know.  Cambelle has gone from drawing pictures of what she likes about each of us to  being able to go off to her own corner and write each note without any help, (that fact is a little bitter sweet for me).  It's really a treasure to stop and take a minute to think about these people we live with and why we love them and it is priceless to let them know it.












LOTSA, LOTSA doughnuts....  Troy is in a bishopric on campus, so twice a month we have students come on Monday night for Family Home Evening.  Tonight we had them and we had hot chocolate and homemade donuts.  I tripled the batch...162 donuts...but man they were good.  Sara was behind the camera on these shots, a couple I just kind of want to lick the screen.






No comments:

Post a Comment