Wednesday, December 5, 2012

20 days left - Grandpa's fudge


My dad was not exactly the "Christmas" guy.  He never had to do any of the shopping or planning when my mom was around, so after she passed away I think it was a bit of a rude awakening.  After many years he finally came upon the most brilliant of ideas, FUDGE.  He would spend hours at the stove putting these perfect packages together.  And let me tell you nothing is better than his peanut butter fudge.  It reminds me so much of him.  He would request it on a peanut butter cake on his birthday, he would make it for his lunch and freeze it, and then every year after we left home we would get a box full of this fantastic treat.  So it is a tradition that will continue, I don't know that mine tastes as good as my dads but it will have to do.








Seriously?!  I just want to lick this picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment