Tuesday, December 4, 2012

21 days left - Memory Tree

There is no surprise when today's package is opened, they know that it's mom's birthday and that means the memory tree.  There is something about unwrapping each ornament and talking about where and when and why we got it.  The kids have their favorites, so do I.  I love watching their eyes light up and talk to each other about their memories.  It really is a wonderful night.





So this year our ornaments include a Wicked ornament, and a gorgeous carousel horse we found in Tillamook  Oregon.

In Hawaii we found this beautiful hand painted ornament and a bike to help us remember our grand bike adventure.


Of course we had to get a shell in Hawaii and a light house in Oregon.


This first ornament is an eggshell that is hand painted as well, I saw it in a shop window and knew that I wanted it to be a part of our collection.  And finally we have an ornament for Cambelle that is because she was baptized this year.






The final ornament we put of the tree every year is one of the Nativity.  I reminded the kids that the reason we are able to create all the beautiful memories as a family is because of our Savior.  He loves us so much, His life and sacrifice allows us to be together forever and that knowledge helps me as I raise my kids.  I want so much for there to be love among us, because I know we draw strength from each other.  I am so grateful to know this.



No comments:

Post a Comment