Monday, December 24, 2012

1 day left - Polar Express, and EVERYTHING else

Christmas Eve...sigh...I have to admit, I like it better than Christmas day.  I love the focus on Christmas Eve, we are together as a family, we share memories of past Christmas', we eat and laugh.  The program the kids put together is always a highlight.  I love reading the Polar Express, if you have ever read the story you know that it is not sad at all, yet I find myself choking up as I read it.  I think that it has something to do with the fact that the Polar Express has been a part of my Christmas since 1995, that is a long time.  I also think that I love it so much because the first time I heard it was in the mission field and Sister Dibble read it to us and correlated the story to our testimony of Christ, and so every time I hear it I am reminded of how in every way Christmas is connected to Christ.  That is what I feel on Christmas Eve, before the presents are unwrapped before wishes are fulfilled, we take a minute and remember this individual who lived so long ago. We remember his birth and the simple circumstances of what his family had.  And most importantly we are reminded of the gift that a loving Heavenly Father gave to us by sending his son to live upon this earth.  I love Christmas Eve.

Our annual Christmas Eve dinner table, I loved the silver and gold this year.



Troy ordered platters, of shrimp and crab to share, oh my...SOOO good.


We had the first two platters gone in 7 minutes.



See those feet in the picture? Those are mine receiving a little TLC, thank you Brent.











I love this picture, they get along so well.


Cambelle during her Rudolph song.

Dessert was a highlight, there was a choice of three.










NEW PAJAMAS!!!



 

We did not have any cookies in the house so Cambelle improvised with the insane amount of chocolate we have in the house, I'm pretty sure Santa was okay with that.

This was our second year tracking Santa.  This year the kids were asleep before Santa hit Louisiana.

We always put a sheet up to cover the family room.








No comments:

Post a Comment