Friday, October 25, 2013

The Pentagon Memorial

We did a little calling around and found out that the Memorial at the Pentagon was also open.  We took the Metro there.  It is a memorial for those who lost there lives on 9/11.  A friend I went to school with, Brady Howell, was working there at the time and was killed that day.  The whole thing made me cry.  Sara was very affected, she kept saying that none of these people did anything wrong, as we looked out of each individual monument for each person.  They have is set up beautifully, the monuments for those in the pentagon face one direction and those on the plane face another, they are divided by ages, which is particularly sad, the youngest was 3, born the same year Sara was.  I don’t think we would have had time to make it there had everything been open.  Being there was an experience that will stay with me, and I hope my kids as well.  






No comments:

Post a Comment