Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Arlington Cemetery

The military did not shut down so we went to Arlington Cemetery.  It was really nice having no time constraints.  (see how I did that, looking for the positive)  We walked up to the Tomb of the unknown soldier and we waited for about 15 minutes for the changing of the guard.  I love watching the ceremony.   The precision is breathtaking, the dedication of the soldiers is awe inspiring and the experience always makes me grateful for the country we live in and the individuals who are willing to serve.  We were lucky enough to see a wreath laying ceremony.  A soldier is brought in and plays taps after the wreath is laid.  The sweet sounds of the bugle brought tears to my eyes as I looked at the tomb where someones son is laid to rest.  I am so grateful that the kids were able to witness that.  We walked over to the Eternal Flame and par for course they are currently upgrading it so it is behind a white fence.  I love the feeling that is in the cemetery.













1 comment:

  1. Loving all your pictures! And the tour of the east coast. :)

    ReplyDelete