Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Drive In-150 miles

Even though everyone has been going a thousand different directions we were able to pull off another 50 miles on our chart.  So we were off to the drive in, or the drive thru,  don't ask me why but I kept calling it that and my kids were very confused, as was I.

Monsters University was on the schedule.  We never stay for the second movie, let's be honest I can barely stay awake for the first.  We got there and there was a line of cars, seriously at least 40-45 cars in front of us, I was ready to turn around and even had the kids plan for a "plan B" scenario.   But we got in line and patiently waited 25 minutes.  It reminded me of when I was little, there were so many cars.

We made it in, and this was the line behind us, they said they were only half way to capacity when we bought our tickets.  It was full. 
We brought the truck and three thousand blankets.  Maybe not three thousand, but enough to make the truck bed feel like a luxury hotel.


We snuggled in and it actually got a little warm.


This was our sixth attempt at a selfie, and Troy had given up on the perfect smile and I was laughing so hard I am surprised the picture wasn't blurry.

We settled in with our treats and enjoyed the movie.  We rode home in the back of the truck and looked at the stars and talked and laughed.  The kids said that those 5 minutes might have been their favorite.  I think they were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment