Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July 2013

We started our morning at 6:30 at the annual community breakfast.  The men behind the griddle are men that I grew up watching cook for our ward with one or two additions.  It's fun to see them, it's like a reminder of my childhood,

I think that was a portion of the pile that they fed everyone with.

I tell you there is something about a breakfast that is cooked outside and by men, it screams HOLIDAY!!


Then it was off to the parade.  I don't know that we would miss seeing the parade but we would miss being with everyone.  Dustin and his family came up to visit and we love it when that happens.  My kids count the days when they find out they are coming for a visit and it just doubles the fun when it happens to be on the 4th of July.


There are always a couple of flybys before the parade starts.  This just might be Troy and J.T.'s favorite "float".


The sirens started and this cutie wanted none of it, so mom and grandma saved the day by covering his ears. He was so still and didn't wiggle at all, adorable.

The parade always means running into good friends and Cambelle saw a friend from school.



Eldred Stephenson was the grand marshal of the parade and it was well deserved.  He turned 100 this year, we got to know this incredible individual before we moved last time.  He is kind, strong and such an example to everyone who knows him.  And he looked so handsome in his uniform.


The Veteran's float followed close behind Eldred.  This by far is always my favorite.  I watch these men and women who have served our country and I find myself a little in awe.  I wondered what they have seen, and experienced and how it has changed them.  I wonder about their families.  I find myself so grateful for these heroes who once a year (which I don't believe is enough) pass by me as I applaud.  Such a small gesture, but for certainly a sincere one.



Sara was in the parade for ballroom this year, she had a blast.

I love this picture of her.  She looks so happy.

I love this one of her too.  Notice the cute tongue, it comes out when she is concentrating and I think it is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment