Monday, July 1, 2013

My Heart is Home

I heard a mother once say that to become a mother meant that pieces of your heart were walking around outside your body.  I kind of agree and this last week two of the pieces of my heart were far away from me at camp.  Sara was at girls camp and had a blast.  J.T. was at an Encampment for the scouting program and Cambelle and I spent some time together.  Honestly I was a bit of a mess at the beginning of the week.  Even though they can get on my nerves, leave wet towels on the bathroom floor, and not listen to me more often than I like, I love them and when they are not here I miss everything about them.

Cambelle was a lot of fun to be with this week, we went on a good long bike ride, got ice cream, watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and went to lunch with Troy.  She was also a great sport as I dragged her to a number of places to make decisions on our bathroom remodel that we are in the middle of.  I love being with this little girl.  She has a great sense of humor and makes me smile.  I am so glad she was around this week because I don't know what I would have done without her.



J.T. spent a few days at this crazy big encampment that had 10,000 people there.  Yes, you read that right, 10,000.  I saw a picture of a portion of the group and all I could think was "my sweet J.T. is somewhere in that mess, he is going to get lost, I just know it."  But he didn't, and he had so much fun.  They had a BMX track, a climbing wall, zip line, archery, shooting range, and a lot of other things that make boys feel like men and men feel like boys.  He came home tired, dirty, and really dark from the neck up and shoulders down.


Just think 10,000 moms and wives welcomed dirty feet like these home.


I know right?  

I love that smile.


Sara was invited to go to the girls camp with the ward the Troy's parents just recently moved from.  They have welcomed her with open hearts and arms and my mothers heart loves each leader and young woman for what they shared with her this week.  She came home a little cleaner than J.T. but still not really wanting her picture taken.

I am so grateful they are home.  I love that they were able to spread their wings, find out a little about themselves, grow a little into who they are becoming.  And I love that they are back, and that I can hug them any time I want, even if it bugs them a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment