Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Miles update-100

We reached 100 miles of our 500 mile goal.  Which was quite a feat considering we were gone to Utah two different times and Sara and J.T. were gone for a week.  So, yay us!!  

The first reward was to try sno cones at this place that said they had "Hawaiian shaved ice".....they lied.  We decided we needed to try all the little shacks in town and find the best one, because this one was not.  We did have a nice time just talking about summer plans and what they were excited for.

Bowling was also on one of these first cards we earned.  Just a quick game, with a lot of smiles and decent scores at the end.


Have I ever told you how much I like this guy?
Then we stopped by the frozen yogurt place that you can fill your own cup and choose your own toppings.  I should have taken a picture of J.T.'s after he had filled it up, gummie worms, nerds and hot fudge, hmmm?




One thing that I love about my kids is they ALWAYS say thank you.  I know they appreciate these little things because they are so quick to acknowledge their gratitude, and they always say "Mom and Dad", it makes me feel like they see us as a team.  Or maybe they are just smart enough to realize that when they show gratitude it is a lot easier for mom and dad to want to do things for them.  Either way I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment