Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July 2013 - part 2

Once the parade is over we are back for the cookout and eventual water fight.  This year we had that cute dog to keep us company.   My kids were all clamoring to get one just like her.

When we get together there are so many cute little kids wandering around.  It's fun watching my nieces and nephews in the same stage as I so fondly remember my own siblings in.  Let me tell you these kids are fun to watch.


There is always target practice.  Seriously it makes me cringe every time someone gets hit.  Which usually happens when a wife or girl friend is the one aiming and the significant other is on the fence, motivation is a powerful tool.

See?  Cute, right?




Then the buckets come out, and a lot of us move to the deck that is the unofficial "safe zone".


Team work.








This tug of war went on for about 5 minutes, neither one wanted to give up.

This has to be one of my favorite shots.  My nephew was lucky enough to marry this cute girl and she is pretty darn great.  I think this is the first year that they were able to make the water fight cookout, and apparently he decided a little initiation was in order.  She has a blog that I love, and shared some great photos from today.  


The fire works were delayed this year for an hour.  We waited and right before we were getting ready to leave they started.  As always a great show.  Another successful holiday, lots of great memories.  I'm just a little annoyed with myself that I didn't get any pictures of my brother and his wife.  They stayed the weekend and we had an enormous amount of fun.  I love it when they come up.


Until next year........

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words. The afternoon was a blast! What a fun tradition. I'm glad I can be a part of it. You Nelsons are such an awesome family. And great shots! You're so good at capturing nearly everyone.

    ReplyDelete