Saturday, December 3, 2011

22 days left - Festival of Trees


Day 3 - The Christmas before my mom passed away she had her dream Christmas.  All her kids were home and she had a tree that was flocked white and decorated with maroon silk balls, pink lights and mirrors.  She wanted the Christmas to be fantastic and she succeeded.  In her quest to create this memorable event we began to visit the local floral shop where they had beautiful trees on display.  I remember walking downstairs and being enveloped with the smells of evergreens.  It was magical with the lights and flowers and decorations of all kinds.  My mom took me with her as she searched for the things to complete that Christmas season.  I was already in love with the holiday, but in the months that led up to the Christmas of 1984 it became a part of my mother that has stayed with me.  I think that is why I love today.  We drove to Pocatello and visited their Festival of Trees in the Stevens Preforming Arts building.













Then we went to lunch at a place that we found on the internet, it was literally the only business on the street, the kids weren't to sure about going in, but we did and oh man we are talking some good rootbeer and fantastic pizza.  Good choice.





Red symbolizes the Atonement.  The blood of Christ was shed to atone for the sins of all mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment