Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer goals

Once again we are hard at work at thinking about how to spend our summer and be a little productive at the same time.  I had each of the kids write their goals out on a separate paper this year before they wrote them on the poster board.  I was hoping that way we could make sure they were a little more measurable.  It's pretty hard to know if you "get better at piano" if you don't know how you are going to get there.

I think they caught on to something this year, their goals were a little more doable and much more concise.

This is my favorite picture.  I know they won't be in my home forever so nights like this one are memory makers in my book.

 




This year we are doing our best to keep moving just like last year.  We totally accomplished our goal of 350 miles last year so this year we upped it.....500 miles!  So that means every time we walk bike or run we mark a mile on our chart.  I like it because we work together toward a common goal.  When we reach 500 we do something awesome together, (shhh... I haven't decided what it will be but it is going to be fabulous!!) I'm a little scared, but come on, go big or go home.  (That's kind of funny I am not exactly a risk taker)  But we are determined.  Every 25 miles accomplished we will get to do something together as a family.  I am looking forward to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment