Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our last goodbye


We went down to Utah one last time after our weekend of fun to see Mom and Dad get set apart before they head south.  Dad will serve as the president of the Argentina Buenos Aries South Mission and is so lucky to have Mom as his companion.  Elder Richard G. Scott set them apart.  We were fortunate enough to spend a little time with him as he shared some thoughts and council with Mom and Dad.  They will be amazing and the missionaries that serve with them will undoubtedly be blessed.



The office we were in when they were set apart was very small so the kids weren't able to come.  But we loved being with them one last evening before we had to say our official goodbye.  We had said goodbye so many times in the last few weeks. We said goodbye when they left for Utah, and when we left to come home from Utah.  I guess in a way I hoped that the practice would make it a little easier....it didn't.

I made sure I got one last picture before the tears that I knew were coming actually started to fall.







This picture breaks my heart.  Each of my kids love Grandma and Grandpa so much.  We have been so blessed to live near them.  There is a special relationship between our kids and their grandparents.  As a mother I watch them interact and I am in awe.  They love them in a way that makes them feel so special and loved and I am so thankful for that.
We love them and will miss them so much but also we know we are so lucky that we have them in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment