Saturday, August 3, 2013

raspberries and thank yous


I have a great deal of gratitude in my heart, I am just not very good at expressing it.  I wish it were easier for me.  I am grateful to those sweet sisters in my ward who have taught my children, and have taken time out of their summer to allow them to have wonderful memories.  I am grateful for the older sisters in my ward who unintentionally have taught me so much.  I listen to their stories or opinions in Relief Society and I soak it in.  They have so much experience and I love when they share.  I am grateful for those people who encourage me through my weaknesses.

Our raspberries came on last week in FULL force.  There are so many, the first week we picked we ended up with well over 7 gallons.  I always like to share that first picking, it always seems like they are the best.  So my kids picked their little hearts out, (they are getting paid by the pound) and we filled up some baskets and went delivering.  Like I said I am not very good at extending myself out.   I have a lot of my dad in me, I am a little introverted.  But again, I want so much for these people to know that I am thinking of them.  That is where my kids come in, they are wonderful sports and will ring doorbells all day long.  I let them pick a few of the people we would stop by and they fought(with smiles on their face :) over who got to ring the doorbell.  I loved seeing their smiles as they came back from the doors.  I hope that they will be better than me.  I hope that they will be able to share their love more openly than I am able.  I hope that with every delivery it gets easier and their desire to serve and love grows.  I hope.......

No comments:

Post a Comment