Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Real Life

I started checking in on a number of blogs about two years ago.  To be honest I had a love/hate relationship with my regular check ins.  The lives I peeked in on seemed to be so put together.  Their children were clean, smiling and every hair was in place.  They traveled to exotic places and gave their family fantastic opportunities.  Dinner was well balanced and always on the table.  To top it all off every experience was documented with beautiful lighting in the most stunning photos I had every seen.  The kind of pictures that make you wish you were there, a part of the moment.  Inadequate, that is how I felt.  It was hard for me to imagine that these people could ever have a bad day.  Some how I think I believed that they were immune to real life.  Then thankfully I came across a post that was so undeniably relate-able I wanted to cry, but instead I just giggled, knowing that someone else out there in the blog world was real.  I couldn't find the exact post but anyone listed here lets me know that my life is pretty normal.  I also really like this post, she does a great job of comparing what we see with reality.  So in honor of real life and to begin a documentation of not only the sunshine and roses but the rainstorms and thorns I would like to welcome you to my house after a couple of weeks of trying to make memories before school started.  

We bought a new bed for our room, the mattress stayed in the front room for about 3 weeks while I decided what color to paint.  Guess what?  We never repainted.  It is finally set up.

This is a dropping ground, for purchases, shoes, gear for the next or previous planned activity.

At least there are clean dishes waiting to be put away and not just dirty dishes in the sink.

Laundry. Bleh.

Our desk is our own personal "Zion", the gathering place of our home.


I hope that my kids remember the reality of life and how we deal with imperfection allows us to grow.  Not to worry, the dishes were put away, clothes washed, and around the island causes no severe injuries.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! This makes me laugh. I like "Zion"; we have one too. I'm guilty as well for not portraying our "real life" more often. I assume that it's assumed that I have a two year old who throws lots of tantrums.

    ReplyDelete