Friday, October 26, 2012

Quiet mornings

Last year we started driving our kids to school and picking them up.  It has made an enormous difference in not only our mornings but our lives in general.  Troy and I thought long and hard about our decision.  We considered the idea that the bus gives the kids opportunities to learn how to deal with challenges, that hard things make you grow and everything that goes with that.  But there were also so many things that were being introduced to our kids that I did not love.  Bullies, kids with i-pods and downloaded movies that we didn't approve of, and rated M games on the DS.  J.T. had been hit in the face and got a bloody nose for defending Sara.  Cambelle was being teased by this same kid.  I wondered what was going to finally happen that would make me regret not making the decision sooner.  We finally bit the bullet and decided it would be worth the time and the gas to make the drive twice daily, and how grateful I am.


We get almost an extra hour in the morning.  The bus would come about 7:15 or 7:20, now we can leave at 8:00 and make it on time.  This opens up all sorts of opportunities, the kids get their main chores done, pianos get practiced, and the stress level for getting out the door has dramatically been reduced.  The kids get a chance to read in the morning.  One morning I caught this vision with my phone.  I love it and am grateful Troy and I made the choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment