Monday, October 15, 2012

Boise Idaho Temple

We had the chance to travel to Boise for the open house of the Boise Temple before it is rededicated in November.  It was a pretty quick trip, we left on Friday, stayed the night, went through the temple on Saturday morning and then headed home.  But it was very worth the trip.  It was beautiful, and the feeling inside was wonderful.  I love being in the temple with my kids.  My dream is to one day be in one of those beautiful buildings with my children and their spouses.  It is was life is all about, families, forever.






Boise has a special place in my heart, when it was originally built and dedicated in 1984 my mom and dad took me over there for the first open house.  I was in fourth grade and studying Idaho History, so a trip to the state capitol was so very memorable.  They were wonderful, they pretty much let me plan the trip.  We went to the capitol building, a museum, and I had the chance to see in person so many of the things that I had been learning about.  It was fantastic, especially for a budding history lover like myself.  The most memorable moment however occurred in the temple.  We walked past the brides room and my mom pulled me aside to show me the mirrors and the beauty of that tiny little room.  She put her arm around me and whispered to me that one day I could be in a room like that getting ready for my own eternity.  It made an impression on me, one that I have carried close to my heart.  One I hope I shared with my kids on this trip.

1984, me with my sweet dad.





1 comment:

  1. Love that last picture. :) We just visited the Boise temple openhouse yesterday. I loooved the colors and palettes. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete