Thursday, August 30, 2012

Camping

I didn't know that I even liked camping until Troy and I had the opportunity to go on Trek three years ago.  I realized I didn't mind sleeping in a tent, I liked cooking in a dutch oven and there was great freedom in not wearing any makeup.  I wanted to go with my family and create memories that I hope will last a life time.  Since then we have tried to get at least one night away every summer.  This year we made it to Teton Canyon campground, which is one of our favorites.



Troy only spent a little time trying to find a signal to send an e-mail.  The rest of the time we had his undivided attention.


One thing I love about camping is being away from everything electronic.  No DS's or i-pods allowed.  We spend time reading or playing card games.  I wish we could camp more often,


Sara spent some time with my camera.  She found some great  shots.


There was a creek near our camp site and J.T. and Cambelle loved playing and exploring.



J.T. started our fire, and both Troy and I kept trying to give him advice.  He just said, "I got it."  Troy and I looked at each other knowingly that he was doing it wrong.  That stinker, totally got it started the first time.  He did a great job. 

We didn't want to take the camp chef, so we decided to cook EVERYTHING in tin foil on the fire.  Salmon, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, carrots, and for desert brownies baked in the peel of an orange.  So yummy.



We had eggs for breakfast, Cambelle does not like eggs, therefore she made a peanut butter sandwich. 


J.T. made a fish trap on the creek that we needed to check before we left.




Before we headed for home we went to Jackson Hole to ride the Alpine Slide, always a huge hit.






1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture. :) I've always wanted to ride the alpine slide. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete