Monday, June 4, 2012

"R" mountain


This has been on our summer goal list for about three years now.  Things always seem to get in the way, so this year I was determined to make it happen.  I figured that if we planned it early in the summer we would have a better shot.  So we woke up on Saturday and I made a lunch and then it started to rain.  We were determined, so we checked the weather and it reported that the rain would be short lived.  So we went ahead with the plan.  There was not a single complaint going up or coming down, that has to be some kind of a record.  It was so windy that we didn't walk the ridge so we weren't up there long enough to eat lunch.  When we came down we went to a nearby park and ate.  Cambelle said, "this was so much fun, this has been a great day!"  I have to agree.  It's one of the things I love about summer, we seem to make a little more of an effort to spend time together, and it makes me smile.









1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like a fun summer already and it's only been a week or so! Bron and I love car trips and hiking too.

    ReplyDelete