Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An essay to make you smile

In March J.T. was assigned to write an essay on Idaho's agriculture, it wasn't an assignment for a grade but more of a contest that they could enter if they wanted to.  Well his eyes were glistening with hopes of the prize money and all the ways he could spend it.  We talked about what an essay is and the basic structure.  Then we talked aout why he liked the things produced here.  He worked so hard on it, rewrote it at least five times, and really tried his very best.  He turned it in and then found out that he would have to wait for the results until the end of May.  At that point we pretty much forgot about the whole thing.  The day before school got out I picked J.T. up and you could have lit a stadium with his smile.  He told me that he not only won the district competition but they sent his essay to the state level and he won the state competition as well.  They published the essay in a local magazine and the local paper.  It has been a great experience for him, and fun for us to see him succeed at something he put so much effort in.  Great Job J.T.!!

This is the article that was in the paper.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations JT! What a well thought-out essay. It makes me hungry for a hamburger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for posting this!! I have been wanting to read it so bad!! Way to go J.T.!! It made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! This is Kendalyn but I'm using my moms thing. Tell J.T. He did a AWESOME job and that I loved it!!! WAY TO GO J.T.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete