Monday, August 8, 2011

So cute, I could eat them up!

Okay, I LOVE it when I start to giggle when I am making a cake, because when that happens I know that it's working.  I was able to make this fun flip flop cake for two of my nieces for our family reunion.  The cake is a three layer chocolate fudge with a raspberry and Nutella filling and then a cream cheese frosting all covered in fondant.  The flip flops are shaped from rice crispy treats with gum paste details.  Do you not just adore the sunglasses?!  Seriously so much fun, I also  got to play with my new toy, an extractor, I know sounds serious but it just lets me make perfectly round rope and other shapes.  This is a hobby I am so grateful for, I find it relaxing and it feels like I am doing a grown up art project.  Birthday season is just around the corner, woo hoo.  I can't wait bring it on!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment