Friday, November 29, 2013

New Tradition?

Before November is over and the Christmas festivities begin I thought I would share what our family did this month.  For whatever reason Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday, (don't judge).  I'm not a hater, it is just not my favorite day.  However, this year I wanted to focus a little more on the gratitude that I truly feel in my heart.  Though not a new idea, it is a new activity in our home.   We made a tree and added leaves every day with things that we are grateful for.
This is how our tree started at the beginning of the month.  Let's take a quick look at some of the things that were written on the leaves.

This is by far my favorite leaf, (the green one) "Mom's ability to fix things", yep, definitely my favorite.





At the end of the month our tree was full, and yet there are still so many things that I could continue to think about and mention.  One of my favorite scriptures is in the 
Doctrine and Covenants 78:19  And he who receiveth all things with thankfullness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment