Wednesday, December 4, 2013

21 days left...Memory Tree


When Troy and I were first married I decided that I wanted to create a tradition on my birthday that would always be doable, (read super inexpensive for our poor college pockets).  So I decided that decorating the tree sounded fantastic.  Well, a few years into our marriage I realized that I wanted to decorate my main tree a little sooner and I wanted to have a different tree to hold everything that held special meaning, hence the "memory tree" was born.  I love this little tree, it actually was the tree my dad used so even the tree itself holds special meaning.  This year our box that the kids opened was overflowing.  Our trip back east was a treasure trove.  We actually had a bet going on how many ornaments would be purchased.

My hope is that when my kids grow up and these are divided among them, that they will hold a special place in their heart like they do in mine.












No comments:

Post a Comment