Monday, May 27, 2013

Carousels and milk shakes


Our local museum is one of my favorite places to be with my family.  It is small and it changes exhibits about every six months.  We have been to almost every exhibit they have brought in.  My kids have grown and instead of me reading the plaques to the displays they read them by themselves.  The thing I love is that no matter what the exhibit we come away learning something new and my kids have learned to ask questions to the volunteers and get a little more information.  This little museum has given my kids the opportunity to gain an appreciation for history and learning.  On most of our vacations we find a museum to visit and almost always it becomes a highlight of our stay.  It was a good, good day.

This carousal exhibit was really interesting, the artistry of the horses was amazing and the history was really cool.



This picture was for Sara, note the mustache?  She laughed and decided he was her favorite.




Each of the horses on this carousal was named.  Troy has been calling me Betty for a while now.  (I just recently found out why and I frankly am torn between loving that he has a nickname for me and completely annoyed at the movie he got it from, ever seen Major Payne?)

They had a working carousal on the main floor and if you were between the ages of 2 and 10 you could ride it.  I highly doubt these two cuties were that sad but they pose well don't they?


Then to top the afternoon off we went to my most FAVORITE hamburger and milk shake place EVER?  I don't know that the hamburgers are any better than your average burger, but this place is so filled with memories that I think everything tastes better.


These are my favorite people.  I really can't say much more than that, I love them.








1 comment:

  1. You guys are such a cool family. I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend! And who would ever have thought carousels would make excellent museum material. :)

    ReplyDelete