Tuesday, April 30, 2013

3rd Grade talent show


Cambelle is in 3rd grade and every teacher in 3rd grade has their own way of highlighting the kids in their class.  Miss Young does a talent show every year.  So Cambelle chose to play the piano.  I love watching her in the class room because she is so different than I imagined she would be.  When she was little she kept to herself.  She played by herself and was perfectly content.  She never liked to run errands with me, she still will choose to stay at home if she can.  She would stay close by and was very selective with who she talked to.  I sent her off to school expecting the social aspect to be really difficult and I was sure she would be so shy.  But the little girl I see in class is outgoing and has so many friends.  She greets kids by name, smiles and lights up when she talks to people.  Every teacher has told me that she shines and kids just like to be around her.  I love that they get to know the same girl I know.  She does shine and makes people feel special, and I get to be her mom, how lucky am I?



No comments:

Post a Comment