Sunday, March 10, 2013

Harriett Smith

Harriet Smith

  • born 1835 in Louisville, Kentucky
  • died 18 November 1917 at St. Anthony, Idaho
  • Married Harvey Burk(Berk) Strong, 22 February 1853
  • mother of 12 children













This picture was in every book of remembrance in my home as I grew up.  The picture was printed on smooth paper and it just seemed important.  In fact I remember thinking there was no way I could be related to her because the paper seemed to official.  There is not a great deal of additional information on Harriet.  I have a list of places that she lived and a little information about her daughter Mary.  We know she lived in Nebraska, and Kansas, Utah and St. Anthony.  Her son and daughter were Methodist so we can safely assume that she too was a part of this faith.  Her daughter was educated and that leads me to believe that she valued education and learning.  There are so many holes in the stories of those that have gone before me.  I can only be grateful for the information I do have and be grateful for where I am because of their choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment