Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

So my kids woke up to this tree on the 31st, thanks to the girls over at Our Best Bites.  I'm so glad they shared the idea because I think our little family had  the best New Years Eve we have ever had.  The tree was decorated with a few things from the dollar store, but seriously I loved it, I wished that it had been up sooner so I could have enjoyed it a little longer, maybe next year.


I also purchased the pop it confetti party thingys, my kids were itching to use those all day long.


We started our evening with sushi and other yummy things from our favorite restaurant Pineapple Grill.  I decided that is the way to go, letting someone else make all the food for the night.  We invited Crystal and Norm over for dinner.  Super low key and SO enjoyable.

Cambelle's Christmas present was brought out and we did a little karaoke, J.T. Cambelle, and Norm all took the mike, Crystal and I sang in the background and Troy......

he was just happy to be there.




We had to pull out Just Dance 4 for the comic relief, I think Troy likes it, look at that smile.

After Crystal and Norm left we played some of our favorite games, Ticket to Ride and Bananagram.  I had the word executive, personally I think that should have won the game right there.

Sara went to her first party/dance and we missed her.

We started our "official" party, the loud stuff about 11:45 p.m.  We popped the balloons from the tree first, it took a little bit for them to realize there was money inside, at that point Cambelle said, "I didn't know that it would be this much fun."


Then their itchy fingers were relieved, the pop it were a huge success.

A visual of the huge success.

About 5 minutes before midnight we donned our New Year attire and started making a lot of noise.

This is one of the reasons I love Troy.  He is really a good sport.



We got ready for our New Years toast with sparkling apple juice, everyone agreed Sprite would have tasted better.


This is us making our own cha-ching sound.

We counted down and watched the ball drop.

In Italy it means good luck if the first person you talk to is someone of the opposite sex.  So I wished my cute husband a Happy New Year and got a pretty good response, I am hoping for a great year.

1 comment:

  1. Such a FUN party - love the ballon tree idea - might have to use it next year...

    ReplyDelete