Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Lake

The day before school started we decided to end our summer with a bang, or at least something more than watching T.V.  So we packed up and spent the afternoon at the lake.  We met our good friends there and enjoyed the sunshine that will soon leave, I miss summer already.


We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  I think the kids thought it was pretty cool that we didn't even have to start a fire.



Cambelle took her umbrella, the reason I love this so much is because she used to do this when the sun would stream through our windows in the dining room.


These two were  just as excited for the first day of school as they were for the first day of summer.  Farewell summer, sun, and days with no schedules.  As much as I will miss warm sunny days, I welcome routine, schedules and opportunities to learn and get back into the normal day in and day out kind of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment