Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer begins and goals are set

On the last day of school I try to take my kids out to lunch, and this summer we started with a trip to Wendy's.  We talked about the fun things that we had planned for the summer and the goals that we would set.




The last couple of summers we have set aside an evening where we talk about things we want to accomplish through the summer.  Then we get a poster board and decorate it with all our hopes for the summer.  This summer I added a little something extra.  We set up a board to track all the miles we move this summer, walking, running, hiking and a biking for the kids.  For each mile we go we circle a number and for every 25 miles there is a pocket with something fun to do.  The more miles we go the bigger the event.  I hope it motivates us all to move a little more and enjoy the process.

I took a picture of each of the kids posters with their goals, I love how their personalities are so evident Each of J.T.'s bullets are logos for sports teams.

 Sara got down to business this year and added a little extra with the papers, she is going to do great.

Cambelle did hers all by herself, spelling and all.

 I do a poster too, I hope my kids will see my attempting to reach goals and they will know that it never ends, there is always room to expand.
I hope to post a follow up at the end of the summer, hopefully there will be a good percentage complete, wish us luck.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Heidi!! We are going to try biking almost everywhere this summer...hopefully we can log in some miles doing that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pedometer is great, J.T. asked if we could park "as far away from the store as possible" so he could get more steps. I hope it lasts. :)

      Delete